Saturday, February 4, 2012

What are antonyms to these words?

shrew-i need antonym

sydrome-i need antonym





paper due tommorow!

answer fast and correctly!

PLEASE

first person to answer both gets best answer!What are antonyms to these words?
Did your teacher actually ask you to find antonyms to those words without giving you multiple choices or any additional information? I was an A student in English and I still take pride in my vocabulary, but I'd be at a loss too. In the first place, shrew has two very different meanings. It can be either a very small mouse-like mammal or an overbearing woman. I can't think of an appropriate antonym for either one. What would be the antonym of a small animal? A very large animal, or something that isn't an animal at all? Neither seems quite right. For the other definition, I suppose you could use the word "saint" because that describes a nice person, but it's not exactly an antonym because a shrew is a woman and a saint could be either male or female.



Syndrome is a little more clear-cut because it means a disease or malady, but it's hard to think of a single word for absence of disease. "Health" is the first one that comes to mind, or maybe "cure" but again I don't think there's an exact antonym.What are antonyms to these words?
Antonyms of shrewd: stupid, foolish, frivolous, naive, unthinking,

Antonyms of syndrome: (there are no direct antonyms so I looked under the synonyms "ailment", "disorder", "sickness") health, order, wellness

No comments:

Post a Comment